Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Where did the 7 go???????

My friend Brittany just went back to Taiwan after coming home for break during Chinese New Year. Much to her dismay, she relayed to me that our favorite 7-11 had been wiped out in her absence! Greatly disappointing indeed! That was our place to go for late-night runs to get Häagen-Dazs, phone cards, HSR tickets, pre-packaged sliced guava, pringles and Brittany's daily fix of coca cola!!! How tragic! Well, thankfully, since we are talking about Taiwan here, there is another 7-11 that is only about a 10 minute walk away from the dorm, right by the main gate. Still, it's much more inconvenient!!! lol

The excitement at our home never stops! My dad seriously broke his foot yesterday, thus postponing his surgery, which was scheduled for this coming Monday, another 4-6 weeks. He and my brother were trying to unload a piano by themselves from a truck and it went awry. My brother got pinned by the falling piano and couldn't get his hand loose. The piano was going to crush my brother so my dad wedged his foot somehow so the piano wouldn't further injure my brother and so that he could dislodge his hand. In doing so, his foot got broken.

In positive news, my parents are shifting things around and changing out some old things in our living room and dining room. It looks great and gives the rooms a fresh feel.

I feel like my life is a bit crazy right now. Last week I was out of town everyday. This week has been pretty busy so far, too, with all the adjustments and accidents. I need to finish up a nomination letter for one of my Davis professors who is a finalist for the Distinguished Teaching Award for 2010-2011. I'm "meeting" up with a friend of mine online tonight to help him proof a paper. I still need to take those books back to the library. And yes, my suitcases are still waiting for me. Ah, the juggling act we call life. On top of that, I'm in the "rethinking" process as far as where life is taking me in the next year or so. Hmmm a lot of prayer is required. My goal for now is just to stay at peace knowing that God loves me and is in control.

Sunday night, Bro. Scott asked me to share a testimony during service. I wanted to say something positive but I was feeling rather consumed just thinking about what is going on in my life and our family life, as well as thoughts of the future. No wonder the Bible admonishes us to think on things that are lovely and of good report. ;) Thinking about life can feel heavy at times. But anyways, I thought I would say something about love since I had just done the Sunday School lesson that morning about love and since Valentines Day was the next day. So I began about how the love of God keeps me. If it weren't for His love, I wouldn't understand how to make use of the joy and peace that I can find in Him. I feel like I am in a blender. God puts me and other life "ingredients" into the blender and then turns it on. All of the sudden the blender stops ... and the spinning slows down. And then more ingredients are added and the blender is turned back on, sometimes at a seemingly higher speed.

The comfort comes in knowing that God is the one in control of the blender. He is the Master Craftsman and knows exactly what recipe to use for my life. While I may not see what he's making now, the Bible promises that He who has begun a good work in me will complete it till the day of Jesus Christ. Just hang in there and enjoy the way the colors swirl as you're whirlin' by. :)

2 comments:

  1. Kate, was blogging only for Taiwan or do you have another secret blog? If it's super secret, you can email me at ladiel79@hotmail.com if you are willing to share! Love you and really missed you at the Christmas party this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too! I think about you all the time and miss things like our Costco trip!! No, I don't have another blog ... I mostly blog when I'm in Taiwan as a way to keep everyone updated at once (Although I do realize that you would probably like to know more about what I'm doing when I'm out of Taiwan lol)... I'm doing some thinking about a trip to Taiwan this summer possibly ... but shhhhhhh ;) I haven't really talked about it anywhere but here at home. Love you!

      Delete