Saturday, August 1, 2009

好久不見!

Long time no see!! Wow, it feels like a forever since I really kept things up on my blog ... this week has been pretty busy and I just haven't had/made the time to sit down and be patient for a few hours to upload pics and stuff ... but I really need to ... I'm getting behind and I don't want to forget chunks of my trip ...

Anyhow, I will upload some .. but this time, I'm just stopping by to say, "hi!" :) I hope that all is going well on the home front. ^-^ Missy and Buddy told me that there was a play for youth service tonight and I can't wait to hear how it went! I was praying for you all!!!

My time in Taiwan is flying all too fast and sooner than I can imagine or want, it will be time for me to take another 18-some hour journey ... this time, back to the states. I think it is really hard to travel to another place to live for about 3 months, and then have to go back to your other life. Don't misunderstand me, I love and miss home! I miss my parents and my siblings ... I miss hugging them terribly! But now, I have also become attached to a new culture ... new place ... made new friends ... and am growing to love them very much ... It makes it so hard when you can't have both of these "worlds" at the same time. How I wish Taiwan and Cali were right next to one another so I could hop back and forth over a bridge! When I landed in Taiwan, I didn't expect to feel this way ... it's as if I am being split in two ... part of my heart will remain in Taiwan, and the other half will return with me back home. However, both hearts ache for the other half to join them ... 那怎么辦? 請你們為我禱告。。我知道我的家人真的愛我。。我也知道我的台灣家人也愛我很多。。我要告訴大家,我愛你們。我真的很愛你們。我的心裡很痛因為我不可以一起住在台灣還有住在加州。我想念我父母。。可是不要跟我台灣朋友走開。。我親愛的台灣弟兄姊妹們,天天我感謝主耶穌因為這個暑假可以認識你們。神對我非常好!回國以後,我會想念大家!謝謝你們給我你們特別的愛,特別的友誼。

3 comments:

  1. How precious, Kate ~ this is perfectly healthy and normal ... it's called 'growing up'. :)

    Home will always be here ~ but you must remember the plaque in your room, "There are two things you give your kids: One is roots, the other is wings". While your place will never be filled by another, in our hearts or our home ~ you were born for this! :) Jesus has a work that only you can do ~ and we knew when you were born that He only gave you to us for a short time. But trust me, "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."!!!

    Jia you ~ Tuna! Allow your heart to take flight! :) And as long as the Lord allows us the grace to be here ~ our hearts and your home will always be here if you need us!

    With all of our love ~ Daddy and Moiy xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ... and I will always be your Anne. Thank you for standing behind me. A blessing beyond measure!

    Love you so very much ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate,

    I can TOTALLY relate... it is so difficult wanting to be two places at once and feeling as if you are always missing a part of yourself. But that is what happens when you give yourself to people and let yourself fall in love with them... so bittersweet! But as your wise mother said, it is part of growing up :)

    I love you!

    Memo

    ReplyDelete