Saturday, August 29, 2009

^o^ why hello there ^o^

Hello there,

It has been FOREVER! since my last blog ... I'm sorry about that ... I have been busy with many things and have been too antsy to sit down and write.

Things are getting back to normal here, after the typhoon. The loss on this island has been absolutely incredible. So many have lost family members, homes, cars, pets and many other possessions. I am thankful to God that I was only affected mildly by this fierce storm, but my heart still breaks for the people of Taiwan. Please continue to pray for them! There is still a lot to clean up. I heard that there were several hundred bridges that were washed away by the flooding, not to mention an entire town in the mountains. While the lives of many city dwellers have gone back to normal, the people who live in the country and mountain areas are still suffering quite a lot.

School ended for me yesterday. Yeah! It was a very busy two months!! Friday afternoon, we had a farewell lunch with most of the teachers, office staff and foreign language students. It was a lot of fun! We went to a hot pot place that is like a buffet. Each person has their own pot built down into the table and you choose your own soup. Then you take your plate and go get whatever you want to put into your pot. It's lots of fun. They have a ton of other things you can eat and drink. We took a lot of pictures, as that was the last time many of us will see each other, at least for a while.

Last night, I was asleep by around 10:30pm ... and I didn't get up until 10:00 am ... ^-^ I needed the sleep so badly!! :) It felt more than wonderful to sleep early and not wake up until I was good and ready. lol

I'm doing laundry and finishing up my packing so that I will not be rushed during my last few days here. Most of my things are already packed but there are still a few things that need to be placed into my "puzzle" of belongings. :)

Tomorrow should be a great day!! :) In the morning, one of my classmates is going to come to service! I'm really excited! We are also supposed to have quite a few other visitors! Pray for our service!! :) We will be singing a special song, in English and in Chinese. We also sang this song last weekend at Camp Meeting. After church, we are having a pot luck! I made my favorite salad for them to try! (I also made this salad on Wednesday night for our English class BBQ. It was a big hit! ^o^)

Well, it's getting late here and I still need to pick up some things around my room before I hit the sack. Hope you are all doing well!! :) God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your posts, Katie. Wonderful to hear how well things have gone for you there. I'm sure it has been greater than you even imagined it would be. God has great things in store for you. We are looking forward to your return although I know your heart will be torn. Remember to be content in whatsoever state you are in ;) Love, Bro. Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate,

    I am so excited to see you again! I know you will miss the beautiful country that you have become like a sister to! I can tell your heart is with the people of Taiwan. I hope whatever path you choose you will be content & I know you will be a blessing in whatever you do! love you lots girl!!!! see you soon!

    ReplyDelete