Monday, August 17, 2009

嚇死我了!

Scare me to death!!!! Last night, August 16, 2009, I went with Tiffany, her roommate Cindy and her friend Nick to the night market. We had fun, once we got there ... the getting there was a little terrifying! And I'll tell you why ... I was at a stop sign and two dogs started approaching me ... there are lots of dogs in Taiwan that have lost their owners so I'm used to seeing it ... however, I'm not used to being close to them while walking or riding my bike. I usually see them from inside the car or from the back of a scooter. So, I had seen that they were up a little ways ahead of me on the sidewalk and I didn't want them to chase a fast object, so I didn't get on my bike, but rather walked it slowly over there. The dogs had just been barking at someone and I didn't want to rile them up again. As I came closer to them, they turned and noticed me. I was a little uncomfortable but I kept going. Then one was behind me and one to my side ... I felt my back go numb ... I was scared to death ... my heart was racing and I was focusing really hard to keep myself from screaming, running or both!

Neither of them barked at me ... they just peacefully followed me and wagged their tails ... I would have liked to stop and give them some attention, but I am too afraid to when it comes to dogs that have been roaming free.

Once I had gotten to the place to meet Tiffany, I parked my bike and went inside a 7 because it was cool. Browsing in 7, my heart was still pounding ...

Thank God that they did not harm me! They are probably just lonely, hungry and in need of some love.

Anyhow, I thought I would share my terrifying experience with you ... :)

Bye for now,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment