Sunday, September 5, 2010

Chinlish - Englese - Confusion - Take your pick


Our brains are funny things indeed. While I do notice a possitve difference in my Chinese now versus last summer, there are still moments when my language gets totally mixed up and my brain doesn't quite shift gears all the way. For example, these are things that have either come out of my mouth or have crossed my mind:

*"What do you want to 吃?" (eat)

*"God, 帶嶺 them to the place you want them to be." (guide)

*"我愛你, too." (I love you)

*"Jesus, I pray for Joyce's
同學." (classmate)

Sometimes I get stuck on a word and it takes a minute to jog my brain. Anyhow, hope you have enjoyed these little bloopers. If any more crop up, I'll try to write them down and share them. We'll call them, "Chinglish of the Day." :-)

P.S. Here's a picture I found that I found you all might enjoy! Please take note of the little green and red signs near the bottom of the picture. :)

2 comments:

  1. Tongue tied . . . but not for long! Qun would appreciate this post. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an official follower! Born in 1988! (; Love the picture!

    Love you!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete