Friday, September 10, 2010

Kiss the Cook

So I tried my hand at food preparation again today and I think I actually did better than yesterday. :)

I had chicken and wanted it to actually taste good! So, I cut up two small breast pieces and made a marinade for it. :) Thank God for the idea! I used Balsamic vinegar, olive oil, green Tabasco sauce, cilantro(a considerable amount as you can see ^-^) and a small clove of garlic crushed and chopped finely. I put the chicken in it and let it set for a couple hours in the fridge. When I took it out, I poured it all in the pan and let it cook. Muah! It was sooo good! It kind of tasted like Lime-fiesta chicken. Aannnnd it smelled delicious!


I put together a yummy salad!: Lettuce, green onion, celery, two different kinds of sprouts, and green bell pepper. Then, I sliced tomato and boiled eggs for on top. Ground pepper to top it off and then ranch dressing! MMmmmm ... I love salad. And a plus about it, you can't really mess it up! :-)
I drank iced tea, again ... it's kind of a habit. We drink a lot of it around here! Pretty much every day, or maybe twice a day, we make a new pitcher of it.

Afterward, I had some ice cream! I tried both flavors and definitely prefer the coffee to the strawberry.

All in all, dinner was amazing!! :) I felt pretty content with the outcome of this experiment in the kitchen. Wish I could hand samples of the chicken to you guys through the screen ... :D

Well that's all for now~
k.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy, yummy, yummy! Wow, Kate! So many new talents and strengths you're exhibiting - and did you make that rose in the icecream on purpose? ;) So glad you've had some 'adjustment' time, before school gets rolling!

    Love you more than words can say! xoxo ~ Moiy

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yes the flower was intentional ;)

    ReplyDelete