Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Where is the remote????

Cuz I'm looking for life's, "Pause" and "Rewind" buttons!!

I'm presently sitting in the library after a failed attempt to check out material for one of my classes. :( Rawr ...

I've done some more Chinese speaking today ... lol Great surprise, right? Some helping myself and some of it helping others. It feels great when the words come out right. I'm finding that it seems easier to help others with their language than it does to help myself. When I know I need to go ask a question or something, my mouth feels dry and cottony ... words get stuck and just plain forgotten. However, when someone else is needing assistence, there is less pressure and the language feels easier.

I went to lunch with a huge group today but didn't stay to eat my lunch. I had a class at 1 so I had to take mine to-go. Even though I had to leave early, I'm glad I went. I'm enjoying spending time with the people here and getting more familiar with my fellow exchange students and the regular students here at Zhong Xing.

All of the classmates I'm meeting are so welcoming. Many of them are asking for my contact info and some have already found me on different social networks. Some people who aren't even in my classes are talking to me! haha Last night I was on the first floor of my dorm and a girl who seems a little shy just turned around and started asking me questions. We went back and forth between English and Chinese, but I try to mostly use Chinese. While sitting on the train on my way back to Taizhong on Sunday afternoon, I met four university girls. Two of them are English majors, one is a public relations major and I don't remember Lucy's. Lucy and I talked for almost an hour - just chit-chat, but then she connected with me online, too. Her family is from Taizhong so she will be here fairly often. She mentioned that we should go around the city sometime.

There seems to be an openness in their manner towards me, which is great. I'm exstatic and overwhelmed at the thought of reaching all these people with the gospel. Please pray for boldness, wisdom and tact as I make new friends.

Well, I need to get going ... I might up-date one more time today, after dinner. :)

Until then~
k

2 comments:

  1. The remote? Have you checked Missy's room? LOL! jk ~ Honey, each update is so exciting and evermore a confirmation of God's hand in this trip to Taiwan. Each morning I wake up, eager, to find out more on the adventures of Jesus and Kate! lol :)

    And ~ surprised that people just start talking to you? No ma'am. :) Just another beautiful confirmation...in fact...hmmm...before you left, I think I actually heard someone say that this just MIGHT be the case... can't quite remember...hmmm...oh, well, old age; it's not important who said it anyway. :)

    Love you! Miss you! Can't wait for the next update. xoxo ~ Moiy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following you, Kate ;) Enjoy reading your wonderful accounts of God's hand on your life. Love and prayers. Bro Brown

    ReplyDelete