Tuesday, December 14, 2010

He's never too far ... from wherever you are

I don't know who will read this blog post or what situations you find yourself in at the moment. But one thing I do know is this, my God will never leave me nor forsake me. This promise is not only mine, but also the promise He makes to all of His children.

Right before I left California in the end of August, I prayed several times asking God to meet me in Taiwan when I arrived. The Sunday morning service before I left, Bro. Brown called me to the front so they could pray for me. I found myself crying out to God from my own anticipation of loneliness and insecurities: God, please be in Taiwan when I get there. Meet me at the airport. Be at my school ... etc" As I was praying these words, Bro. Brown began to pray about the exact thing saying something similar to, "God, I know you are already there in Taiwan, that you're going ahead of Katie and are going to meet her there when she arrives." I wept uncontrollably as I felt that God was using Bro. Brown's prayer to confirm Himself to me.

For this whole trip, I've felt that God's promise to me was to be at each situation that I face before I get there and allow me to lean on Him for strength. While I've been here, there have been a lot of things that I've needed to lean on Jesus for and I'm glad and so blessed that He is patient with me as I learn to trust Him.

Now that I'm preparing to go home, I know that there will be many adjustments. I'm used to being a family of one most of the time here. On the weekends, I have family and friends, but it's completely different than fitting into a certain order/rank in a family unit. Don't get me wrong - I love my family. I'm excited to see them and to spend the holidays at home. However, it's still an adjustment to go from my life here to my life in Cali. The adjustment period last year took me about three months before I felt like I started fitting in in the US again. The time is coming soon when I'll need to go through that adjustment period again. Because I've experienced this sort of thing last year, I feel more mentally prepared for what to expect during the next couple months. However, I realize no matter how much I can predict what will happen, things are easier said that done.

Yesterday, while I was taking an incredibly long shower, words from an old song that I haven't thought of in a blue moon ran through my head. It was a song by the Martins. Today, I looked up the song on youtube. The words seem to speak to me and my hesitations. For me, it's a confirmation of God's promise - He is already there. No matter where I am, He's ahead of me, waiting patiently. I can trust Him and cast all my care on Him for He cares for me.

Here is a link to the song. I hope it is a blessing to you today, no matter where you are on the path of life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hriwNT1I-TI&feature=related

While listening to the above song, I saw this song, too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pms8l_6LW8k&feature=related

Be blessed today and be confident that He is the God that sees you.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful testimony, honey! Love you, SO much, and know that God is with you, behind you and before you . . . so thankful for being able to trust the unseen hands! xoxoxo ~ Moiy <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you so very much, Sweetheart. I know God continues to go before you and will do so every day of your life. He lives in your tomorrows and tests them to be sure you are able to handle each one. Look Pastor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 今年快要過去,在台灣的最後兩天,希望可以帶著美好的回憶飛越太平洋回到你那可愛的家~~you will always in my thought and prayer.love you so much !!! 888888888!!!Hope see you soon ~~

    ReplyDelete