Sunday, December 5, 2010

Long time no post

Hi all,
How's it going? Sorry I couldn't watch the Candlelight Service today but I heard it was good. :) I've started looking at pics that have already been put up on facebook. They make me smile. Can't wait to see my Sunday School kiddos! I was planning to send them a video greeting while I was gone but you know how time goes ... anyways, they are little rays of sunshine in my life.

Today, I will be very transparent with you ... I am homesick. Last night, I wasn't homesick. Actually, it was the opposite. I had such a fantastic weekend in KH with Tiffany and seeing everyone from the church there. The services yesterday were amazing. The moving of the Lord was powerful and I soaked it up. I really felt that they were "gaining strength" services for me. There is a lot going on here and a lot going on that I will be going home to. Between everything, I am ... well there aren't really words for it. In the worship in the morning and evening I just felt the presence of the Lord in a mighty way. In the morning, it was a more of requesting prayer as I desperately need God to hold my hand and guide me through this game of life. More than ever, I'm realizing my need for Him to be in control and be my ultimate source of strength. In the evening, the praise and worship that was going up from the congregation was not only contagious but so vibrant. As I began to get caught up in the worship, it was if I could feel the glory of the Lord around me. It was awesome. There is no way to describe it adequately unless you know what it's like to be in the presence of the Almighty. Holy! Holy! Holy!

With the fantastic services and the wonderful company of my Taiwanese family, I was not homesick. In fact, I felt like I belonged there. I love the people and enjoy spending time with them when I can get up to KH or we have a big meeting. Waking up tired this morning and back in Taichung, I think it was the combination of just having left a "family environment", being here by myself and the holidays that put me in a homesick tailspin. But, this is the day that the Lord has made, I WILL rejoice and be glad in it. :) The sky is blue, the sun in shinning, I have my health and Jesus is on the throne. What more could I ask for?

These last couple days, I've had rare and wonderful time with Tiffany. I enjoy being with her so much. We had fun and made memories, even with our very busy weekend. I have pictures and stories from this weekend that I will share when I have more time and am on my own computer. I'm in the bookstore again, using their demo macs ... sa-weeeeet. ;) lol

I'm going back to my cup of tea now and going to make photocopies for my English class tonight. We're going to be reading, "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens. It's one of my favorite stories with a Christmas theme because of the deep ties it has with my family and our holiday traditions. I will certainly relish reading it with my class.

Sending love to you all and praying for hope to be extended to those in need, during this holiday season.

Tall-ingly and white-ingly yours,
Kate

3 comments:

  1. Love and miss you, too honey! Thanking God for the wonderful refreshing and presence you had in service! Though you may be far from home, with Jesus you are truly never, never, never alone! <3

    And we couldn't be more thankful for the family and pastors you have in Taiwan! The Brackens (all of 'em. lol) and the Tainan and Kaohsiung Churches!!! What a blessing for us to know that you have love and are loved even though you are 7000 miles away.
    And the friends that you have made during the entire 7 months you have lived in Taiwan, last year and this. WOW! Really? You've soon lived 7 months, total, in Taiwan. That seems so strange ~ but also so natural, at the same time.

    Well ~ I know you hear this all the time, but PLEASE get some sleep, drink plenty of fluids, and make lists-lists-lists so that you won't be so flustered as you make your return trip preparations.

    Love you more than words can say!!! xoxoxo
    Moiy <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oatmeal!!!

    If nothing else, that thought should brighten your day!

    We had a wonderful time with you! Thanks for letting me treat you like a little sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, yeah it doesn't seem that long at all. My sense of time is feeling mixed up lately. Love you~ See you sooooon ~~~

    Tiffany, OATMEAL! haha ... it definitely does the trick! And, I wonder if anyone was watching us on the escalators through the security camera ... ^_^ I'm happy to have you treat me like a little sister anytime. :)

    ReplyDelete