Saturday, December 11, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ...


Found this and had to get a picture with it. It talks and sings in English and is rather creepy-ish. ^_^

Well, I am having a jolly time doing Christmas shopping for my familia. :) I'm almost finished! Brittany and I went out to YiZhongJie today and had fun looking around. I bought a really cute knit hat today and made Brittany try it on for me since my hair was up at the time. I told her that being a hat model was her calling in life. lol She didn't seem quite as amused by the whole prospect as I did ... haha. But she was a great sport.


This is what the street looked like today around 4:00pm at 一中街:





Taiwan is getting colder!! I know, that's unbelievable to those of you who have never been here and only heard the stories about the dramatic heat and humidity in the summer. I didn't believe Taiwan could be cold, myself ... which is why I arrived here jacket-less. Bad move on my part. ^_^ I have learned my lesson for next time.

I finished up my Christmas letter today and am going to work on the mailing this Monday ... we'll see how it goes.

Silver Bells. That song always makes me think of my Grandma Nita. It was her favorite Christmas song. I think I remember her most around the holidays. I wish that she were still around to teach me new crochet stitches and bake zucchini bread!! So yummy ... Because my memories of her are from my early childhood, I'm sure they are slightly warped but there are things that I still specifically associate with Grandma. I can still smell the cough drops she was always sucking on. I can see her Birkenstock sandals. I wonder what life would be like if she were still around ...

So I took this picture yesterday in our dorm bathroom. My question: how many tubes of toothpaste do three (3!!!)girls need? Apparently, the answer is 5 large tubes and 1 small one. Second question: How many toothbrushes do we need? According to the evidence, approximately 5. :) Don't ask me why ... cuz I have no idea where there is so much tooth paste and so many brushes in our shower. I can only account for one of the brushes and two of the tubes. One is almost completely empty and so I put a new one in.



My lunch today:

The place were I bought the yummy dumplings:


Their menu:


I found the saying on the tissue cover amusing and I told Brittany to make a "soft" face and pose with it ... this is the result lol:

P.S. The cover says, "Soft feeling for you." We tried to figure out what that would be in more correct English but couldn't really come up with a definite answer.

Well, my dear reader, I hope you have found this post amusing, because I have enjoyed sharing it with you. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures . . . love the post! Love you mostest!!! p.s. Brittany makes a LOVELY black olive! hahaha! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. im wondering why brittany wore just t-shirt...it was 15 degree

    ReplyDelete