Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I'm singin': "H. K. I. A. ... it's fun to be in the H. K. I. A."

Okay, that was really lame ... but what's to be expected? lol. I'm sitting in the airport waiting for my connecting flight, which is in just a couple hours. I'm on the ground, currently, with my stuff next to me, eating a pastry from my favorite bakery on the street next to my "old" dormitory. My face is looking pretty red at this point or I might post a pic from my webcam. I think I'll wait till I get home to post any pics that I've taken from the last few days because the internet is a little slow and I don't feel like going through the editing process.

My flight from Taiwan to here went pretty well. It's a short flight so I don't mind it. The one coming up is going to be longer and more tiring.

I had a great day today! We had a time of prayer in the morning after we got ready, had breakfast together downstairs, ran some errands and went to the National Palace Museum. We looked around at some of the exhibits there and then went to see a Chinese Opera that was performed by students from a university. We all agreed that it was quite an experience, for sure. Anna and I came out talking like them ... it was pretty funny. She's quite good at it! ^_^

So, the walk from my arriving gate to my departing gate was quite a walk but I'm glad I'm here really early so I won't have to walk it rushed and worry about time. There are so many WHITE PEOPLE HERE!!!! ... weird.

I haven't shed any tears so far on this journey back to my home in the US. While I love Taiwan and feel comfortable there, I wasn't as sad this time saying goodbye. I think it's because 1) I've gone through this process last year 2) I feel strongly that I will be back in Taiwan, I just don't know when for sure. It feels pretty surreal actually to be going home. I almost have no feeling about this whole thing ...

... except I am pretty jazzed about Christmas!! However, it doesn't feel like it should be Christmas time yet ...

So, I have a lot of luggage. And when I say a lot, I really, really mean it!!! I checked FOUR pieces of luggage and have my backpack and a small duffel with me in the cabin. Anna and Alisha made no bones about laughing when we walked up to the counter for me to check my baggage and the lady asked how many were flying today ...
of course, I do deserve the teasing and it was, after-all, a funny sight ~~~ three girls to take care of the luggage of only one of them. It looked like we ALL could have been going on a trip. Anyhow, my only prayer is that me and my luggage get home safely and at the same time.

After I checked my bags and changed in most of my NT for greenbacks, the four of us got something to drink and played a few rounds of Phase 10. It was great fun. I finally confessed to Sis. Bracken that I had been calling her, "Bracken Sandwich" in Chinese on accident. She laughed and laughed! "三明治師母" has a nice ring to it, I think. haha

Anyhow, I could continue writing nonsense, but I think that would be a bad idea because it's only getting later and I'm only getting loopier sooooo I bid you all adieu and thank you for reading. I'll update more FROM HOME!

1 comment:

  1. Does this post end by saying you will update from home? Hint Hint!!

    The first title was "that's what she said". yeah, embarrassing... and my birthday is Sunday, the 23rd. You are the only one to make the connection between my background and this being the month of my birth. Good Job!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete