Saturday, November 13, 2010

Life ... uʍop-ǝpısdn

Tonight I was working on a puzzle at the dining table. It's a gorgeous picture of a Thomas Kinkade painting. I had managed to put four pieces together in a row and I had two more pieces that I had connected to each other. But I couldn't get them to fit with the other four, even though they looked to be about the right color. As I was fiddling with the pieces, I turned a segment upside-down and it magically slipped into place.

Life seems to be this way. The pieces look like they should be fitting together, but no matter how you try to force them, it doesn't work. Then, something gets turned upside-down in your life and suddenly, situations begin to make sense.

1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

When I was in 7th grade, I remember watching a science video that was talking about the marvellous gift we have called eyesight. They spoke to us about an experiment they did, giving the participants special glasses that made everything they saw appear upside-down. After a few days, the eyes readjusted and things appeared as they did before they put on the glasses. Following the conclusion of the study and the removal of the glasses, the participants eyes had to readjust again, as everything now seemed upside down to them again.

My point is that a situation that totally disrupts your life isn't necessarily a bad thing. Rather, it is an opportunity to expand your viewpoint or for things once in disaray in your life to begin coming together. Allow yourself - your life and everything in it - to be re-evaluated and changed by the all-knowing and all-powerful Savior, Jesus Christ. The adjustment period may take time but it will be worth every second when you look at the puzzle of life from heaven's point of view and see the beautiful picture that was created, because you were willing to be turned upside-down.

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
Put your life into the Master's hand
Put your life into His Master Plan
For He has a work for you
That nobody else can do
Oh oh put your life into the Master's hand
♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪

1 comment: