Friday, November 12, 2010

Sudoku


This is me and all my stuff, just before heading out the door for the weekend. I had my small suitcase, my backpack, my purse and Alisha's late birthday present. The suitcase was primarily filled with laundry that needed to be washed. ^-^

Speaking of which, I just heard to washing machine beep, signaling its completion of my third load of laundry tonight/this morning. Right now it's 2:30am Taiwan time ... and yes, I am going to bed very soon ~~~ and I can rest knowing that all my laundry is done done done! Now I just have to wait for it all to dry so I can pack it back into my suitcase.


Yesterday, I did my first Sudoku puzzle! Fascinating! I've never really wanted to try them before. I ripped it out of yesterday's paper and took it back to my room to conquer. It was an easy-level puzzle, but that was fine for it being my first real attempt. Because yesterday's puzzle time was so successful, today I tried it again. The sudoku in today's paper was a medium level and it went okay. Then, I went through the old papers I have in my room and collected three more puzzles. ^-^ I did a "gold-level" puzzle and was able to finish that one, too! I was so thrilled with myself. lol I did one more on my trek from Taichung to Tainan ... so for those of you who are counting, that's three sudoku today. haha ...

Another exciting thing happened in my life yesterday - I started learning Zhuyin 注音. This is another system of phonetics for Chinese that is used in Taiwan for typing and texting, et cetera. In the US, usually they teach students Pinyin, which is what I learned. Pinyin is a system that is used in Mainland for typing and texting. Pinyin uses romanized letters, the same ones used in our English alphabet, for spelling out sounds. Zhuyin uses symbols, rather than letters, and is supposed to help the speaker develop more correct pronunciation than with using pinyin. We shall see ...

Please pray for the floor director in my dorm, who is also my "next-door neighbor" and a denominational Christian. She came to my room today feeling bummed and wanting to talk. I did my best to encourage her and then we prayed together. Ask that God will draw this young lady into the fullness of His truth. She is a sweetheart and has a lot on her plate right now.

Okay, well it's not getting any earlier and I can't think of anything amazing to say ... Actually, yes I can. Tonight, for the first time since my mom sent it to me, I was able to sit down and starting working on the sheet music to one of my favorite songs. :) Happy moments, indeed. <3

1 comment:

  1. Well, hello there, Ms. Cuteness!! :)~ And is that a new jacket I seeeeee??? Is that 'FUR' around your collar? hmmm? (: So glad you were able to tinker on the ivories, a bit, tonight ~ last night ~ haha. Congratulations on the new puzzle experience! Valerie will be proud of you ~ I'll have to stick to word searches, myself. lol

    Love you! Enjoy your weekend ~ fill it with time of rest and relaxation! xoxoxo ~ Moiy

    Love you to infinity and beyond!

    ReplyDelete