Friday, November 19, 2010

*sigh*

Yes, I'm tall. Yes, I'm white. Yes, I can also see you staring at me!!!!
There are some days that it doesn't bother me ... and then there are the days when it feels really annoying that I can't blend in!! In the States, especially where I grew up, there is a fairly diverse population. However, here it is very obvious that I am a foreigner. I can't say that I blame them for noticing. I've noticed myself that it's easy to spot other foreigners. And I've caught myself looking at other "white" people wondering where they are from. When you're the observer, you feel invisible almost. Still, when you're the subject of the observation, it seems more annoying.

Wow, the Trans Siberian Orchestra version of Christmas Eve Sarajevo is intense! I'm presently listening to KOIT live-stream Christmas music station. I so enjoy having Christmas music at my finger tips, even though I'm not in the States. It's a blessing and like having a piece of home. :)

Well, there is much I could say ... but ... I'm supposed to be A) Sleeping, B) If not sleeping, finishing the drink menu that is due tomorrow. Soooo, I will be going but try to catch up with you, soon. :)

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment