Friday, June 26, 2009

Night Market!!!!

Yeah! Tonight was my first experience at a night market! :) Alisha and Joyce took me there and I had a great time. This was also my first time to ride on a scooter here, so lots of new stuff happening tonight.

Notice Alisha's hair blowing in the wind. hehe :)

I ate some pancake-like mini-muffins, drank some lemonade and tried some 臭臭锅(臭臭鍋)
(stinky tofu hot pot) 。。。I didn't eat the actual tofu, but I tried the soup and some of the cabbage. It was not too bad ... pretty tasty actually. :) Joyce loves it! lol I wish I could bottle the smell up for you and bring it back ... you would never be the same again. lol! ;)





We stopped at a sun glass booth and tried some of the pairs on ... I almost bought the pair
that I am wearing in this picture, but decided not to at the last minute ... Joyce ended up
buying a pair but I'm not sure if it's the one in the picture or not.



This picture is special ... lol :) It's a joke that originated with
Lexus ... Alisha puts her finger right above his nose and asks
him, "怎么办?" or "What now?" It is so funny to watch her!
I should video tape it! Anyways, now its a joke that we carry
on with each other ... here the girls are in the
middle of saying that phrase, "怎么办?" It was too hilarious
not to take a picture of. :)

I seriously have way too much good, wholesome fun with these girls! :)
They're a riot! Alisha and Joyce were so cute and took very good care of
me at the market. Alisha warned me before we got there ... she said,
"I want to you be prepared. Many people will stare at you. They stare at
Anna too. She says, 'It's okay ... just let them look.' Also, be very careful
with your bag!" Once we got to the market, for the most part,
she and Joyce were either flanking me or before and behind me. I was
very glad to have some experienced, native girls with me! P.S. She was
absolutely right ... there were a lot of people that looked at me ... but that
is not uncommon here ... white chicks in Taiwan aren't super common. lol
Sis. Bracken says that you get used to people staring at you everywhere you
go and then find it strange upon returning to the States and not having
people look at you anymore. lol :)



I did buy a couple of things ... a t-shirt for sleeping in and a toy for Sir Alexander Lexus Bracken ... Please refer to the pictures below. :D The shirt was NT $100 = $3 US, and Lexus' toy was the
same price.



Well, we have the last part of the wedding to attend tomorrow so I need to get some sleep in order to be ready for a long day. Alisha and I are getting ready to Ephesians and then it's off to bed ... I've already brushed my teeth. :D Good night and God bless!!

1 comment:

  1. I just have one question . . . How will you fit Alisha and Joyce in your suitcase for the return trip home??? :)

    xoxoxo ~ Moiy

    ReplyDelete