Sunday, June 21, 2009

Wedding and Church

So I have now been to a wedding in Taiwan, one prayer meeting and TWO church services! They were all awesome! God is sweet to my soul! He keeps me going and gives me strength. I'm so thankful to know the He is ONE and that Jesus loves me! What a promise!

Weddings here are different than American weddings .. but I'm sure you probably already supposed that lol. On the morning of the wedding, I accompanied Bro. and Sis. Bracken, along with the wedding processional, back to the home of the bride. It is tradition in Chinese culture for the groom to go to her house to take her and her things out of the house, but before they do, the couple will kneel before the parents in an act of thanks for caring for her. On the part of the daughter, she is not allowed to look happy about leaving her parents house. Bro. and Sis. Bracken were in the role of the matchmakers for this couple so they had an important part to play, hence going with the wedding motorcade in the morning and sitting at the head table during the later coming reception.

Guess what? They kiss different than people at American weddings do. Usually, when you give the guy permission to kiss his bride, he gladly does so! However, this couple didn't touch each other with their hands or arms as they were kissing. In fact, they barely gave each other a peck! lol It was hilarious and so cute.

The most awesome part about the wedding was that this couple devoted the day to the Lord. Yes, it was about celebrating them and their new life together, but they kept God in clear focus. During the actual ceremony, they each testified about God's goodness to them. The bride even said that, as a child, she thought that a good marriage was out of her reach because she was brought up in a house where she was taught to worship idols. But now, God lead her to know Him and gave her a wonderful husband. After giving this testimony, the two of them sang worship songs to God. It was pretty different as I'm used to hearing love songs at a wedding. But her parents were tearing up on the front row. Whether or not they know Jesus, they could feel His presence at that wedding and were touched. It was beautiful how Jerry and Sherry started using their live together, from the very beginning, to bring glory and honor to the Lord.

Well, I will have to tell you about church another time as I'm off for another errand ...

Daddy, I hope you are having a great Father's Day! I love you very much!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. Dear Katie Girl!

    I couldn't have asked for a sweeter way to kick off my Father's Day, than with your lovely phone call and being able to open my wonderful Father's Day Card, with you on the phone.

    I love you, with all my heart! Thank you, again, honey! We're so excited about all that Jesus is doing in you and through you!

    ~ Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    love you bunches and bunches!!!

    ReplyDelete