Wednesday, June 24, 2009

TAIWAN!!! 到了!!!

高雄!!!

Gaoxiong!!! Wow! Thank the Lord for a safe journey here!
I finally landed in Gaoxiong, Taiwan!! I can't
even tell you how exciting it was to finally be landing! It was
a most amazing feeling of joy and anticipation for what the
summer would hold ... new experiences and the growth that
would come from them ... However, my first glance at this city
was also a somber moment, as I was gazing down on a place so
full of people who are desperate for a God who will hear and
answer their prayers, but they don't know how to find Him.



Signs that greeted me as I was entering the airport. Arrivals!! That's me!! :)



The sign to direct me to my luggage ... :) At this point, I was still
not sure if my luggage would come through ... Thank God it did!!



This is waiting for luggage to come off, probably right before that
beagle started sniffing my carry on!! 很麻烦!lol



This is the tippy-tippy top of the iceberg when it comes to scooters here!!!
Seriously! Bro. Bracken told me that there are approx. 23,000,000 people
on the island and 13,000,000 scooters on the island!! Wow! Crazy! But really,
if you think that the number of scooters is amazing, you should see how they
drive!!! And the things that they can carry on their bikes!! I have seen quite
a variety of things and I've only been here barely over a week! It is very
entertaining, let me tell ya!



This is something that I don't think we have in the States,
a Sushi section ... well, that AND just maybe the Chinese
characters. ;)



Remember I talked about how there were people drinking hot cocoa??
Well this is a picture of that booth and people standing around waiting
for something hot to drink!! lol



This is the weather that greeted me!!! So hot at the airport and sunny
with partly cloudy skies ... and then on the way home from Cosco, it
POURED!!! Welcome to Taiwan summers ... hot and rainy :) It was
a very appropriate welcome :D




This was a lovely surprise that was waiting for me on my bed! :)
Thank you!!! I really love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment