Tuesday, June 30, 2009

July!



Welcome to the lovely month of July .. one of my favorite months of the year ;) haha

I got to talk with my family and friends back home today with video chat and it was pretty fun! :) I love and miss you all. Thanks for the chopstick fun and ballet moves ... I was very impressed. haha

So, today is a quiet day for me ... right now, I'm listening to music on youtube ... "Draw me close to you" ... what a beautiful song! This morning, I had my breakfast and Sis. B and I had a chance to chat. It was lovely! :) I got to hear more about what the Lord gave her for the Ladies meeting in regards to pursuing the presence of God. It is awesome stuff!

Today, we are supposed to go to Ikea, Costco (hot dogs!! yeah!!!) and then to a revival service. Fun times. :)

Also, I'm starting to prepare my lessons for English class. Jesus has blessed me with a few cool ideas so now I just have to plan them out and pray that He continues to give me topics!! :)

Randomness:

Alisha is a good driver! :)






Alisha is a sweetheart and toted me around all weekend!
She is a great driver! :) I loved riding on the scooter. So fun!
You get to see a whole new perspective. These pics of me and
her were taken Monday, June 29, 2009 on our way to pick
up some flowers and run to Carrefour.



This is super cool and hilarious! It's a robot
that waves a sign that says, "slow" in Chinese.
Too funny! And they dress it up like a person
with a work hat and everything. :)

Monday night, the girls and I took Lexus for a little walk.
It was 9 pm and people were driving into the complex,
coming home. When one car drove past me, a little girl
on the back passenger side rolled her window down so she
could get a better look at the random white chick. lol :)
I was cracking up!

Yesterday, I learned a new game! It's called Rage :) It is most
amusing ... we will have to play when I come back. Have any
of you played it before?

Lexus and his new toy: I am happy to report that Sir Lexus
does indeed like his rope/ball. He promptly chewed the ball
apart! lol



This is Carrefour :) It's like our Walmart ...
pretty cool. I enjoying looking around inside.
There are at least three main differences in
comparison to Walmart: 1)This is a multi-level
store ... so, in order to move the carts from
floor to floor, they have an escalator of sorts
that is just an incline, rather than steps.
You put the cart on it and it pulls the cart up
or down, depending on which level you are
going to. It's pretty neat. 2)The music played
inside is NOT mainstream pop music ... it's
ALL advertisements for the store/products lol
3)There are vendors inside that are not apart of
Carrefour. They rent space inside and sell to
customers passing by. All in all, Carrefour is
a very handy place!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Katelyn, I am Mingchi.

    I am glad you updated your blog. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ming! :) Glad you found it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what? I never realized that Carrefour plays music/advertisements until I read this! That is so sad since I have only been there about a 10000 times to date.

    ReplyDelete