Wednesday, October 27, 2010

星期四早上六點以前去睡覺。。開什麽玩笑。。我討厭書法。。

Yeah ... going to bed early the night/morning before calligraphy class is impossible ... I sat at my desk tonight asking myself, "Why am I torturing myself with this class? I am going to learn a lesson from all of this? One day, will I encounter a situation and be like, 'Wow, I'm certainly glad I know calligraphy.' ..." I'm having a hard time imagining that unless I marry into a hard-cord Chinese family in which, at least my spouse's parents studied it ... rawr ... for now, let's just say it's character building ...

It's freeeeeeezing right now!!! The wind has been blowing something crazy, which only makes it feel colder! When Brittany and I got out of class today, we went home to put on MORE clothes before we went to buy food because we were soo miserable. I put on long leggings, my floor-length jean skirt, a sweatshirt and a scarf. ^-^ I felt better~

I drank an impressively large amount of coke tonight ... quite possibly the most coke I've ever had in such a relatively small amount of time ... please see picture below for reference of bottle size ^-^ haha

Yes ... I did indeed drink this entire bottle by myself ... tonight.

My students were absolutely adorable with their presentations in class last night! As I sat there watching them, one by one, I thought, "I should make them do this every week, simply for my own enjoyment!" lol Each one of them had to "sell" an item of their choosing to the rest of the class.

Grace advertised for paper tape that's manufactured in Japan. She showed us all about the different colors and patterns, told us there was a discount if we bought wholesale and gave us "contact information". She was also the only student who did a power point and gave us a hand out.
Zachary told us about his new, magic brand of chocolate called, "Ch-ch-ch-chocolate"(which was actually cadbury). If you feel sad, you just eat a piece and you feel better automatically! :) Then he gave us all samples. :) That's a great selling point, in my books! haha


Eason told us about his man-shaped bendable magnet gadget that is very useful for holding things. He brought headphones, a cell phone and rubber bands to show us just how many uses there are for it. :) It was so cute~~
Danika did her presentation on the fly because she wasn't able to be with us last week when we talked about the presentation. She used her coffee as her item and did a great job. I would have totally purchased her coffee! :)


Vivian talked about her cell phone. It's modern, has a large touch-screen and the plan it comes with is very cheap in comparison to other data phone plans in Taiwan.
And last but certainly not least on the scale of entertaining was Gregory. He did a demonstration of how to eat a onigiri/飯糰 and spoke to us on the great convenience of them, for one with such a busy schedule. XD


The above pictures of them are not them giving their presentations ... after they did their presentations, I had them get in pairs and practice making "business calls" selling the item they had just marketed to us. ^-^

My view of the museum from where I sat at the help desk ...


What I stare at ... because there weren't many people there at night ... and because when there are people, they mostly don't talk to me ... they talk to the Taiwanese person sitting next to me ... On Friday and Sunday, I just looked over the handbook ... a lot ... but Tuesday, I couldn't really bare to look at it for fun ... I only looked at it to mark the films with English in them for my students ...


And this is me, of course, on Friday night ... my first day volunteering


The museum at night ...


An amazing meal I had at a cafe near the museum ... the cafe has both an English and Chinese name ... the Chinese name is 尼克咖啡 ... but the English name is The Naked Cafe ... they do NOT mean the same thing ... the Chinese sounds like the translation from English to Chinese of the name, "Nick" ... anyhow, I found out that there are three Naked Cafes in Taizhong ... I do recommend their food. ^-^ I've eaten there twice now.


This ... this is an amazing cookie that was sent to me, among many others, from my sister and mom :) Thanks you two!! <3


Alright ... well I think that's all for now ... I've kinda "caught you up" on what's going on at present ...

As Tigger says, "TTFN - Ta ta for now!"

~k~

1 comment:

  1. OH ~ my, Katelyn!!! hahaha! THAT was a lot of Coke! :) And did you mean that pun? 'Character Building'? I don't even have to ask if you were serious about the Chinese in-laws. ;)

    Really enjoyed the pics of your class. You have such a joy in teaching ~ I still remember the first night that Jennifer stuck you in front of her cram class! The Lord has blessed you with a natural ability ~ and I'm sure your students thrive, because they sense your sincerity in seeing them succeed!
    I also smile as I think back to your internship in Davis, at the Jr. High! Oh how I wish I could have seen that boy's face when he realized that you not only spoke English and Chinese, but you understood his not so savory Spanish!!! LOL :)

    I'd love to be able to watch you, in this class. I'm sure you're amazing. <3

    What a beautiful Museum! I'm sure you will be very busy, soon, as your responsibilities increase. 'Marilla, drink them in'. ;)

    Really glad to see that you've found a venue with a more appetizing fare. <3 The food looks yummy! But, I could have done without you posting the cookie! ;) The minute I saw the cookie we baked, in your delicate fingers, the faucet in my eyes turned on automatically, like the ones in the Wal-Mart bathrooms! LOL :P

    I love you! Get more sleep! :) Bloom where you're planted, as only you can. <3

    ReplyDelete