Thursday, October 7, 2010

Days are turning into weeks ...

... weeks are passing quickly. I've been in Taiwan for between 5-6 weeks now. I can't believe it!

Today, I started a language exchange with one of my fellow student from my Monday class. This weekend, I have training for the volunteer program that is linked between my class and the Fine Arts Museum. Next week, I start teaching a conversational English class to a small group of university students. So, things are still moving along ...

My family has just mailed a package to me and I can't wait for it to get here! It should be here in about 7-8 days I think ... so with weekends included, it will be about a week and a half.

While I am currently making no attempt to catch up on all previous days' pictures, I will share the photos from today. ^-^ Enjoy!

Paveena and Brittany messing around before class started:


The right section of the classroom huddled around the teacher to watch him do examples of our classwork for the day:


My first-ever try at calligraphy ... its much harder than it looks :)


This student shared the desk with me and was my "go-to" person for the many questions that I had during class:


My second page of calligraphy and trying out some different strokes ...


My teacher correcting the homework assignments from last week:


Dad, this picture is for you! Yes, they DO have a place where you can get criss-cut fries. :)


I present to all you foreigners, dun dun dun daaaaa, "Dragon Fruit, of the white variety." lol This is an amazing fruit! So far, I've eaten it in two colors but the one my roommates so sweetly shared with me tonight was white:


Ever the romantic ... ♥♥♥


Coldstone!!! Amazing! All inside of a 7/11 ... what a beautiful thing <3

2 comments:

  1. Coldstone! Really?!

    Love your calligraphy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! Coldstone!! Buuuuut, the Baskin Robins I had this last week was waaaaaay better than the Coldstone from 7. :)

    Thanks ~~~ If only it looked like it was supposed to!! lol

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete