Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Here's your sign

So, did someone forget to tell me that I have a sign on my forehead that reads, "Please tell me what to do ... No, really ... it's my favorite thing EVER ... especially when it's not your place and there is no need!!!" ... ha .. okay, so I'm ranting and over-reactionary ... It's a cultural difference thing ~~ I'm not sure how long it will take to get used to. ^-^ I'm so stubborn naturally that I've never really liked being told what to do ... I'm continually learning to accept it from those in authority. But I can't stand it when people give their opinion of your actions so liberally when it's 1) not a decision of right/wrong 2) I have not asked for their opinion nor discussed the matter with them 3) the matter pertains to them in no way, shape or form 4) it's a issue that I should be able to decide on myself because I'm an adult 5) did I mention that these people are not what I consider to be an authority over me in the situations they are "presiding over"??? ... What's worse is when you politely decline their input but they continue to force their personal view on you ... I don't like being bullied at all, and especially not in a passive-aggressive style ... lol

Whew ... okay, I think I got that out of my system ... I had a fairly productive day today, although there are still many things written on my planner on today's date that have not been completed. However, the most important things were accomplished today - like doing all my laundry!!!!! :)

Now, it's time for me to hit the sac ... It's fast approaching 12:00 and this girl is going to turn into a pumpkin ;)

2 comments:

  1. hahahahahaha! Well! At least I finally have this in WRITING: "I'm so stubborn naturally that I've never really liked being told what to do..." Perfecto. :) Can't wait to hear "The Reeeest of the story..."

    Sounds like someone is grumpy and needing sleep...but FAR be it for me to...eh...hem...try and tell you what to do! LOL I'm guessing more of the age-order thing? Maybe it was more of the 'Oh, this white girl needs some guidance.' :P Okay ~ sorry...I have seen you after one of these incidents and it just kinda makes me giggle. But I love you, all my heart! <3 :) I duly, duly do!!!

    Take a deep breath ~ and have a better day. Remember that they mean well...xoxoxo ~ and thanks for the entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol ... yes it is in writing for the world to see, but I think you knew all along. ;)
    And yes, grumpy and needing sleep are definitely high up there on the list. :)

    It was not an, "Oh damsel in distress" type thing ... it was just a culture thing ... lol I'll get over it.

    Love you ~~~ xoxo

    ReplyDelete