Monday, October 11, 2010

Good evening, class!

Today was a pretty good day, praise God! :)

I had class this morning (which I almost kept falling asleep in), and then went by the bookstore. There, I found the Chinese text book I was looking for and some awesome English teaching tools. Then, I came home, did some Bible studying, picked up some things around my room, and called YiRan to see if she had eaten lunch already. As it turns out, she hadn't, so we went down the street to get something together. After buying some kind of Taizhong specialty spicy noodle dish and some tea, we headed back to the dorm.

We chatted and ate and chatted some more ... YiRan has been a blessing to me during my short time here. She has helped me to meet some students on campus and she has connected me to two job opportunities for foreign students. She is also my floor manager and a relatively newer Christian (probably a couple years).

Soooo after lunch, I started looking through my newly purchased items from the bookstore. I went through most of the first chapter of my new Chinese book and then started going through my English class materials. Some of the students are interested in learning about traveling and how to conduct regular conversations in English ... so we're going to talk about purchasing tickets for museums, taking tours, buying audio guides, calling 411 to get the museum's number, etc.

I've created a class plan, a questionnaire so I can get to know the students better, photocopied related pages from my English teaching magazine and typed up two dialogues to go along with the topics. To introduce myself, the class guidelines, and to help with some of the material, I've started a power point. It's mostly done, but needs some touching up.

Anyways ... That's really all that's exciting with me ...

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you! I look for your updates daily and enjoy reading each and every one. We miss you but are so thankful you are in His will. Blessings, Bro Brown

    ReplyDelete