Saturday, July 4, 2009

...sAtuRdaY...



Hello! :)

Well, we made it! God blessed us with an awesome Saturday. :)

This morning we had Bible classes ... the first class was on holiness and the
second on the book of Isaiah.We already have homework. ;) Despite the
homework assignments, I am really excited for this opportunity to grow
and learn! This will be a time for me to grow spiritually as well as grow
in my knowledge of Biblical terms in Chinese.

We had lunch at a great little shop just a block or two from the church.
I had a most delicious BLT, accompanied by some fries, fruit, small
salad and a large cup of very very yummy milk tea. And the prices at
this place are very reasonable. :)







I've begun to think that my blog would be incomplete
without a report of what I've been eating and pictures of
it. :) lol I would like to take this opportunity to add that
last Sunday night, I bought a pair of chopsticks from
Smokey Joe's to carry with me in my purse ... They are
pink on the top and metal on the bottom ... twist together
in the middle of the stick and have a little pouch for easy
keeping. Today, I used them for the first time with my
salad and french fries ;) I like them!





My milk tea



The cafe where we ate ... but we ate in the back where
they had air conditioning

After lunch, we went straight-way to KH for the Ladies Meeting at 2 pm.
Sis. Hathaway was our guest speaker, her subject being friendship
and chocolate. Some of you may remember a young lady from Taiwan
that visited Napa some time ago. She has the nickname of Froggy.
Froggy was the interpreter today for Sis. Hathaway.



Joanna and Hunny



This is the sign for the KH church that is posted
right before you get on the elevator



This car had been parked at this particular spot for
probably a couple of days by the look of the tickets on
the hood ... ^-^



On the way back to Tainan after the Ladies' meeting.

We got back into town from the meeting around 5:30 or so, after which
we headed directly to the Bible bookstore in Tainan. What a neat place!
I immensely enjoyed meandering through their goods for sale. :) I did
buy a couple of items ... including a pin that reads, "台湾人" or "person
of/from Taiwan. Okay okay ... you're right ... so I wasn't born here ...
and I'm not technically Chinese ... oh well ... lol ;) my plan is that the pin
will hold a place on honor on my school bag. :)

Right as we were checking out tonight, a lady approached Sis. Bracken and
asked her about church. It turns out that this lady is in the area working with
a group and she is looking for a church! The Brackens gave her the info for
the church in Tainan and said that she may come to our morning service.
Praise God! :)

After leaving the bookstore, we headed the direction of the church, as it was
almost time for prayer. On our way, we picked up some dinner ... Burger King!
lol Mom, I know what you're going to say ... I just read on my facebook what
you wrote to Troy ... no, I'm not hiding in San Fran. ;) The BK was actually
really good! Probably better tasting than the food from BK in the U.S.



On our way to the Bible bookstore during traffic ...



This is the Bible bookstore. I think it is a really
pretty building.



Please refer to the top left corner for a glimpse of
my evening meal ;) Please note that there is English
on the menu board lol



This is part of the dessert menu at BK ... The item in
the top left corner has red beans and mango in it ...



My yummilicious jr Whopper ...



Prayer was awesome and I got to meet another member of the church here,
Ya Fen. She seems like a sweetheart. She took two of the skirts! Yeah!
Thank you, again, to all the ladies who donated skirts for the sisters in Taiwan.
They are such a blessing to the ladies here!



Alisha and Joyce stood on chairs so that they
could be taller than me for a change. ;) Hilarious!



This is Alisha putting a cross on the top of a communion dish
that is a gift to the Tainan church on it's 2nd birthday. :)

Presently, I need to iron my shirt for church, fold some towels, do some
homework, work on English class and go to bed!!! Tomorrow will be busy
as we will be in church in the morning in our city, busy with lunch and
school prep with me in the afternoon and then church in KH in the evening.
In case you were wondering, I am NOT bored. ;)

Please continue to keep me in your prayers as I start school on Monday.
I can't even believe what God has done for me, in bringing me to this
country to study for the summer. I am still in awe at our wonderful Jesus
and His goodness to me. God is my helper!

Happy 4th of July! I hope you get to see some fireworks and eat things
that make you feel American ... hamburgers ... watermelon ... corn on
the cob ... apples pies ... God bless America!

With all my heart,
Katelyn

P.S. I was just talking to my Mom while she was running errands and I got
to say "Hi" to one of our favorite cashiers, Sheryl! :) Sheryl, if you're reading
this, I just wanted to say it was good to talk to you. Hope you have a great
holiday.

P.P.S. I want Missy to know that I wore the jacket she bought me for the
first time today. :) I like it! It's very cute! Thank you, sis! :)

2 comments:

  1. Okay I know I'm a little late commenting on this lol, but that's too funny cuz I wore my jacket that Sunday! ;)I'm glad you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not late at all. :) I keep checking for comments. Blogger doesn't tell you when you get new comments, like facebook does. Yes, I like it very much. Hugs and kisses to you

    ReplyDelete