Monday, July 20, 2009

Saturday, July 18, 2009 ... MY BIRTHDAY!



My entire birthday weekend was so special!

On Saturday in the morning, we had Bible school.
After Bro. Bracken's two classes, we went to lunch at
a place that is within walking distance from the church.



Dad, I took this picture just for you. ;D

It's a barbecue place with a twist ... you do your own BBQ
... and you do it at your table. :)









It was really neat! The restaurant started playing
the birthday song for us! (謝謝你,曉霜)

I feel I must explain the video ... ;) I was taping
the song and when they finished singing the Chinese
version, Bro. Bracken told me to tape myself.
Hence, the glimpse of me ... :D When I made the
goofy face, he started cracking up! You can see
him laughing when they are singing in English! lol









Alisha helping me read with any words I don't yet know
in her card.



Alisha is a sweetheart! I'm really very thankful that
God brought her and Joyce into my life!



My gift from Alisha and Joyce :) I took it with me to school today!



My gift from the church of Tainan ...
A Chinese-English BIBLE! :)
Thank you, so much!





A darling bag from Hui-jun and Jin-jun. :)




Joyce painted this awesome rock for me! It is sitting on my desk beside me
at this very minute. :) She is so thoughtful!



Face milk from James. It has sunscreen! I used some of
it this morning on my way out to school. It smells really
good.
Food!!!





Meat!!











The results of such talented BBQing ... you can
make your food stand up!







Dessert time!!

This is glutinous rice pieces without anything inside.
You put them on the grill, let them get warm and
start bubbling, then take them off, dip in crumbled
peanuts and eat! ;)



Yes, those are brownies ... yes we are bbqing them. lol
On the menu, they are called, "Britney Chocolate."
Don't ask me why. lol









Fabulous Taiwan mango! Oh ... I could eat this
stuff till the cows come home!
Or until my hands started itching! lol







Alisha making me a dessert with strawberry ice cream



My first time of eating ice cream in a mochi-like
tortilla. I would sure do it again!





Joyce preparing to eat her masterpiece!



Jin-jun enjoying his dessert

P.S. I want to say, "Happy Belated Birthday" to my birthday twin, Brandon. :) Thanks for the yahoo messages and for the prayers. I hope you had a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! My sign-in is working! God is so good! Daddy and I couldn't be happier for the way Jesus has taken care of you, in Taiwan! What an amazing birthday you had! :) Blessed beyond measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over! Please give our love and thanks to your new 'family' . . . our extended family :) in Taiwan ~ and thank them, from the bottom of our hearts for all of their kindnesses and wonderful care of you! <3 xoxo Moiy

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Daddy loved the "New Epicureanism" sign! And while I would have loved to try the BBQ'd Okra . . . not so sure about the squid legs! lol! Love you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) My heart is too full for words ... full of blessings and certainly full of love.

    I'm glad Dad liked the sign!! :) :) :) I thought of him and our silly commute everyday when I saw it. :) Love you both immensely!

    ReplyDelete