Friday, July 3, 2009

Orientation

Today, we had orientation at NCKU. Everything went smoothly. Praise God! :) I met some of the faculty, purchased my books and looked at the optional class schedule. If my schedule works out the way I am planning it, I will have most of my classes on Tuesday. The only class that I will have other than on Tuesday will be my main language class, which is Monday thru Friday.

During orientation, they gave us a pocket size book about Tainan which is full of useful traveling information (maps, addresses, phone numbers etc). I also got my student ID
card before I left ... with it, I have access to the library here and to different attractions
around the city. I can't wait to do a little more exploring! Next week, we will be taking
a half-day trip around Tainan too see some historical sights. I am looking forward to it!

I met some people from the states, France, Russia and another place I can't remember. ;) While the beginning of a school semester means that I will be busy again, I am looking forward to learning more Chinese and getting to know some of the people here. My hope is that this opportunity will be used to help someone who is searching to find Jesus, whether Chinese, American or any other nationality. Please pray with me to this end.

Also, while on the subject of prayer, please keep Karen Combs in your prayers. She is a family friend of ours and she has a very aggressive case of cancer and on top of that, now has several blood clots in her leg, limiting her mobility. Please pray that God will grant her strength, peace and deliverance.

Today was my first time in a Starbucks here in Taiwan. :) It looks pretty much exactly like any Starbucks you would see state-side. I had a mocha frap and it was yummy ... :)

I'm off to help with dinner prep! :)

ttfn~ Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment