Monday, July 27, 2009

The last one ...

Well, I just finished the last rice crispy treat from home ... the very last one ... they went entirely too fast! ... and I am wishing that I had tons more to eat! But my waist is thankful that there are no more. lol :) Thank you, for sending them! ;) xoxo I approve! Oh! And I learned a new way to eat Mother's Taffy cookies ... :) In a bowl, pour milk over them and eat them with a spoon! It is so good! :) And an added bonus is your don't get your hands all milky! :) Let's hear it for clean fingers!!!

Presently, I have been chatting online with my buddy, Nathaniel. :) Speaking of chatting, my mom called me after Napa's Sunday pm service and I got to talk to some of the young people back home.

Right now, I am realizing that I have a ton of things to do ... and I just want to sleep! lol

Does anyone have an mp3 version of Bro. Matt Tuttle's message from a few years ago on the mustard seed? I was just thinking about it today and wanted to hear it again. If by chance, you have it, would you mind forwarding it on to my mom or dad? Thanks so much!

So, this week, I want to do something fun with English class and have been tossing around the idea of traveling ... Sis. B said that it would be fine if I wanted to do a game ... I'm just not sure yet what game. I bought a couple of magazines on Sunday that are for teaching English. They are full of lesson topics so I'm really excited! I think I'm going to look online for game ideas ...

Yesterday, we had awesome services! Both the morning service in Tainan and the evening service in KH. There such such a spirit of worship! Bro. Chris B. preaches so fast! Alisha was helping me with translation and there would be times when she would look at me and say, "I don't know man." lol We would both giggle and then turn our attention on what was being said next. Besides the awesome power of the Word, the next best part was being able to understand some on the preaching before she would translate it for me. It was such an awesome feeling that I would get distracted! I would be thinking, "Yeeeeessssss!!!! I just understood some more Chinese without an interpretor!!!! Thank you, Jesus!!! I can't believe I'm learning Chinese!!" And I would have to refocus on what was being said, rather than the fact that I was understanding it. lol ... It is a phase that I will grow out of the more I begin to understand the language. Then it will become more common place. However, at the stage I am in right now, it is a little hard to imagine that one day, in Jesus' name, I will understand all of it and it will be a common thing. For now, I'm just rejoicing for this step.

Okay, well I just finished adding pictures to my previous post about last Thursday and I spent a few flustering moments trying add to a gadget to my blog. lol I'll try again next time ...

Hope all is well on the home front! I've been hearing reports of wonderful services!! :)

Until next time ...

love,
kate

1 comment:

  1. Those Rice-Krispy Treats were horrible! :) Silly girl! :) We'll see if we can't whip up a better batch, before you head for home. lol!

    So excited about your language progress (I love that you get so excited you have to 'regroup'!) ~ and so grateful for all of the loving support you have from Sister Bracken and Xiao Shuang ~ as your faithful interpreters! :) What a bond you have there - what a family, the Lord has given you!!! He is so faithful to take care of us, no matter where we go! I knew He would...but He has clearly shown me that He is your Father and can take better care of you than Daddy or I could ever hope to! :)

    So blessed by your good report of Sunday's services!! And by your FB conversation with Jing-hwa Chu ~ sounds like it was a GREAT time in the Holy Ghost (even if there was talk of Pastor 'tattling'!!! hehe) ;)

    xoxoxoxoxo ~ Moiy

    ReplyDelete