Sunday, July 19, 2009

The start of an amazing weekend :D

Wow, I have had a most exciting and memorable weekend! On Friday, my birthday started at school. (See video clip ^-^)






Then my teachers gave me this gift. They are so sweet!



This is a very yummy mango drink! :)



This is me, getting ready for the Bracken's to pick me up.
haha ^-^.
We went to dinner on the 38th floor of the Far East building,
here in Tainan. It is the tallest building in the city.
What a gorgeous view! (I'm saving the pictures of the
skyline for a following blog.)



A 5-vegetable appetizer on the left and a meat

appetizer on the meat. (I don't remember what
kind of meat)



This is a delicious shrimp lettuce wrap!



Awesome rice with sea cucumbers! (But I couldn't
really taste the s.c. lol I'm told that s.c. don't taste
so great, but in this rice, I don't think any of us
really noticed their flavor.






Lamb I think ... and broccoli

There was another meat dish of very tender pork,
but I didn't get any pictures of it.



This was kiwi juice and it was outta this
world delicious! I wasn't too harsh or
two sweet. So very yummy! We also had
some very lovely tea with our meal!



This dessert was on the house because of my birthday.
It is a glutinous rice roll/bun with red bean paste in the
middle, served hot. :) The Bracken's ordered another
dessert of mochi with ground peanut inside, but I don't
think I have any pics of that. They were served in a
sweet soup. (The mochi, that is, not the Brackens. ;)



This is the chef telling us goodbye.





This is in the foyer of the building, downstairs.
This wall has water running down the entirety.
It is very peaceful and neat to look at.



Everything was so good; the food and
the company! It was a particularly special evening.
Bro. and Sis. Bracken, thank you for helping to
make my birthday so wonderful!

Okay, so these are most of the pictures from dinner ...
I'm going to load the pictures of the skyline in the next
blog. :) I know you will enjoy them!

Bye for now,
Kate

P.S. I forgot to mention that turning 20 in Taiwan
is a big deal! It's like the turning 21 of the U.S.
Usually the parents will give their child gold.
When they turn 20, they are eligible to vote.
I think it's like a coming-of-age type thing.
However, they can get married at 18, just like the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment