Thursday, July 9, 2009

好久不見!Long time no see!

Hey! Sorry I haven't had time lately to give thorough updates of my activities. :) I've been busy with school starting and all that fun stuff. I ride a bike back and forth to school!! In Davis, I ride a bike almost everyday so I can get back and forth from school, however driving in Davis is a little different from driving in Taiwan ... just a little lol. I will post pics of my bike sooner or later. ;) God blessed me and I didn't have buy a bike because my teacher lent me her bike. :) Okay, so about riding a bike in Taiwan ... I'm really glad I rode in Davis first .. at least I had some practice having other people/bikes/cars around while I'm riding my bike ... cuz in Taiwan, it's not just other bikes around you, it's SCOOTERS! And a lot of them! And they tend to drive with purpose (in other words, they just go!) But, for only my third day of riding my bike here, I think it's going pretty well. I can get from my apartment to the campus in less than 15 minutes from the time I unlock my bike until I'm sitting in the classroom. Not bad at all!!



My classes are going well ... I like school for the most part! :) It is a new challenge, but that's why I came here ... to be challenged in many areas. That's part of growing and learning. :)
In case you are wondering what the pin on my backpack says ... "Taiwanese" ;D



I just finished a big cup of fresh watermelon juice ... Now, before you say, "Eeeww," you must try it! It is really good stuff! You can get fresh juice here pretty readily, as well as tea!! I was looking in my red garbage can today (please refer to picture below lol) and I saw that I had drank three different kinds of tea yesterday ... Milk tea from 7/11 in the morning at school, black tea (what the Chinese call "red tea") in the afternoon and another dark tea with two different kinds of tapioca in the evening at cram school. Wow ... lots and lots of tea ... I've never had so much tea in all my life! ... and I'm loving it! Today, I had some bottled Taiwanese green tea and there will be more tea drinking (ice black tea) in just a little bit ... I'm pretty sure I'm going to have tea withdrawals upon my return. ;)



Allow me to explain, the blue container with the round, white lid in the back is the milk tea from the morning. The tall, white cup is from the black tea in the afternoon. The yellow straw in front with the brownish looking top is the one from cram school ... Also inside my beautiful, red trash can from IKEA is my pudding cup and my wrapper from today's lunch. (pictures below, Nani haha)

Oh! At the last wedding feast almost two weeks ago now, we had four different kinds of fruit juice: watermelon, ? something I can't seem to remember, mango and passion fruit. The mango and passion fruit were most excellent ...





Nani, these pictures of my food are for your sake. ;) haha
In the picture of my lunch today, there is a mug with pink hearts on it. I won that mug in a
raffle at the ladies meeting last Saturday. :) It is darling! The thing that looks akin to sushi is not sushi ... it is like a little sandwich wrapped in seaweed, rather than bread. It is pretty good! This one had tuna in the middle, but the other morning, I had one with egg in it. Yummy!

Alright, so I am going to update you on this last weekend and on my yesterday (which was most excellent!) but I will do so on separate blogs so as to keep my info straight. ;)

Talk to you soon~

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the visual...still looks and sounds nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha ... not at all! It was good!! :) I promise! If you like rice and tuna, then you will probably like it. The seaweed is thin so it's not over-powering. Just wait Nani ... I took more food pics for you today. ;) love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I probably could have handled the rice/tuna/seaweed sandwich ... but did we really need to experience a view of your basura? lol! :)

    ReplyDelete